With your support, we can cross the finish line...
Seventeen years ago a group of dedicated sailors had a dream, to create a home for sailing. That dream is fast becoming a reality.
In the space that once served as the press headquarters for the 12 Metre era of the America’s Cup in Newport, RI, a world-class museum dedicated to sailing will open May of 2022.
Sailing has a long history, and a tradition that prepares and propels us to go forward. Each of us has learned valuable life lessons on the water, made relationships that last a lifetime and experienced the challenges, and joy, that come from our sailing. This is a legacy we have the ability, and privilege, to pass on to others. The Sailing Museum will bring incredible people and inspiring stories from across the country into ONE place that is accessible to all.
With your support we can:
- Celebrate the heritage of the sport and honor those who have shaped it over time
- Support area educators through on-site, hands-on STEAM learning experiences
- Provide a first-rate tourist attraction that will add value to the Newport landscape
- Build community through partnerships, work and volunteer opportunities
- Support our peer organizations in our common goal to grow sailing
Through the outstanding support of a core group of donors we have raised just over $8.7M toward our goal of $10M.
We invite you to join the individuals from coast-to-coast who are marking their place in the history of the sport by supporting the creation of The Sailing Museum. Please make a donation and help us across the finish line.
Gus Carlson, President
If you prefer to mail in your donation or make a pledge, you may click here to download and print the donation form. Click here for the Disclosure Statement.